Wisconsin Immigration Attorneys and Lawyers

 Every year, immigrants come to the U.S. by the millions, and they have 50 great states to choose from when they are deciding where they want to work or live. Some immigrants come to the U.S. to work; others come to be reunited with loved ones in Wisconsin. Whatever an immigrant’s reason for immigrating they need to understand the process.

Main categories of immigration visas and statuses in Wisconsin

Nonimmigrant (temporary) visa

Immigrant visa

Refugee status

Legal permanent resident (green card)

Immigration parole

Legal means of immigrating to Wisconsin

Anyone who wants to migrate to Wisconsin has several choices; they can apply for work or family-based visa. The State Department offers dozens of visas to immigrants for temporary or permanent immigration to the U.S.

Commonly requested visas in Wisconsin include:

Temporary work visas

Family-based visas

Fiancée/ Fiancé visas

Immigrant work visas

H-1B visas

Asylum- Immigrants in danger of being persecuted in their native countries based on their gender, political affiliations, or religious beliefs or live in a region plagued by war can apply for refugee status. Refugees given asylum have permission to live in the U.S. and are given work authorization.

Immigrating to Wisconsin

The Migration Policy Institute reports that 4.9 percent of the state’s population was foreign-born in 2014. Over 40 percent of the foreign-born nationals in Wisconsin are naturalized citizens, the remaining 60 percent are not naturalized citizens.

If you plan on immigrating to Wisconsin, you need to start by applying for asylum or a visa. Immigrating to the U.S. can be complicated and can take a long time. When you submit your immigration application, it needs to be accurate and complete. You don’t need any mistakes to delay your application. USAttorneys recommends you speak with an immigration lawyer in Wisconsin to discuss your immigration applications.

Unauthorized Immigration

Immigrating to Wisconsin without authorization is not a good idea. A person may be the only way they can reunite with a loved one. Or, they may be seeking a better life. Whatever their reason for immigrating illegally, an immigrant faces serious consequences for entering the country without authorization. Entering illegally puts an immigrant at risk of being detained, charged and deported. They also risk being barred from the U.S. temporarily or permanently.

If you receive a notice of removal, USAttorneys recommends you speak with an attorney immediately. There are ways to avoid deportation but only if you retain an experienced immigration lawyer in Wisconsin working on your case. USAttorneys has a team of devoted and tenacious lawyers who can assist you with your visa, green card or citizenship applications.

That is why your initial immigration applications are critical. Any mistake, omission of information, or misrepresentation will result in a denial of your immigration application, and you must start the process all over again. USAttorneys recommends you consult with an immigration lawyer to assist you with the beginning stages of the immigration process.

To get an immigration application go the USCIS website and download the forms you need.