If you or someone you know is looking to visit the U.S., Atlanta, GA in particular, for pleasure or medical purposes, you must first obtain a B-2 visa before you or they can enter the country. A B-2 visa is considered a visitor visa, which is a nonimmigrant visa, that permits individuals to enter the U.S. for a temporary period of time. When applying for a B-2 visa, individuals are required to show:
- That the purpose of their trip is to enter the U.S. temporarily for pleasure.
- That they plan to remain for only for a specific, limited timeframe.
- Evidence of funds that are enough to cover expenses in the U.S.
- That they maintain a residence outside of the U.S. that ensures they will depart from the U.S. when their visit has come to an end.
In order to apply for a B-2 visa, Form DS-160 must be filled out online and you will want to check it for accuracy as the USCIS will deny it in the event they find a mistake. Not only does this result in you having wasted your time filling out and filing the application, but you also waste money on the filing fees associated with it as well. If you weren’t aware, USCIS now allows their workers to approve and deny visa applications at their own discretion meaning if an error is made, they no longer have to notify you and give you the opportunity to correct it. Instead, they can simply deny the application and require you to have to reapply again, and of course, pay the corresponding fees associated with the B-2 visa application process.
What are some reasons why USCIS might deny a B-2 visa application?
Although USCIS approves a significant amount of visa applications, they also deny them. Some common reasons why your visa application might be denied include:
- The consular office does not have all the information they need that is required to determine if you are eligible to receive a visa.
- You do not qualify for the visa category for which you applied for.
- The information provided on the application indicates you “fall within the scope of one of the inadmissibility or ineligibility grounds of the law.”
When applying for a B-2 visa, applicants are always encouraged to hire an Atlanta, GA immigration and visa attorney to assist with the process as they can increase your chances of getting it approved. Therefore, if you have an event coming up and you want a close friend or relative living outside of the country to attend, contact USAttorneys.com and allow us to connect you with a visa lawyer who can help you and your friend or loved one apply for a B-2 visa. While most individuals associate a visa attorney with court proceedings, the reality is, they can provide you with some helpful information that can be useful if you are looking to apply for any type of visa.