There are many different options available to you if you are considering immigration to the United States. You should select a visa based on the purpose for which you intend to visit the U.S.

Some available visa options include:

  • Student visas
  • Travel visas
  • Business visas
  • Immigration visas
  • Family-based immigration visas

You may not be able to determine what exact visa is best for you because of the minor differences and various options some of the visas have. An immigration lawyer can help you decide which one to apply for based on the outcome you are looking for. If you are looking to obtain a green card, then you will want to apply for an immigration visa and not one of the temporary ones.

The immigration process is often complex and lengthy. If you try and apply for a visa on your own, there is a significant chance that you will make an error. When incomplete or inaccurate paperwork is submitted to the visa office, a visa officer will generally get back in touch with you after a few weeks or months depending on what visa you applied for and the current workload of the office. They will then request you to send the missing information, causing the process to become longer than it already is.

To make sure you do not make any mistakes in your paperwork that can end up further delaying the process, or can result in you having your application denied, you should speak with a qualified immigration lawyer before submitting your application.

How can I obtain a green card?

If you are not just traveling to San Antonio Texas for a fun vacation, but you intend on living there permanently, you will need to obtain a green card. A green card can be gained through a request for adjustment of status or through family sponsorship. Any family member of yours who is a citizen of the United States can sponsor you for permanent residency.

If your spouse is a U.S. citizen, you can take the test and become a naturalized U.S citizen after three years of lawful permanent residency.

If you do not have any family members that are already citizens, you can come on a temporary visa and request an adjustment of your status. The best course of action for you to take varies depending on your circumstances and a lawyer can help you make the right decisions to improve your chances of getting the status you seek.

Get in touch with an immigration lawyer today at the Law Office of J. Joseph Cohen to get advice on the immigration process.

Reach us at:

San Antonio, TX

206 East Locust Street

San Antonio, TX 78212

Call Today: (210) 769-3273

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *