If you are undocumented because you entered without authorization, or you overstayed a visa, you can need an effective deportation defense. USAttorneys encourages you to speak with an immigration lawyer near you in West Virginia to determine if there is a way for you to avoid deportation.
Visas in West Virginia
Individuals who would like to visit or work in the U.S. needs to apply for a visa first. The U.S. State Department offers over two dozen visas to meet the needs of most immigrants. We’ll discuss the various categories and types of immigrants below:
Nonimmigrant (temporary) visa- These visas are granted for short-term work and travel in the U.S. The most commonly issued nonimmigrant visas are:
- H-1B Visa- Highly-skilled employees
- H-2B Visa- Temporary visa for work in agriculture
- H-2B Visas- Temporary visa for work in service and hospitality industries
If you need more information about nonimmigrant visas visit https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-nonimmigrant-workers.
Immigrant (permanent) visas- These visas are granted to immigrants looking to work and live in West Virginia or the U.S. for the long-term. The U.S. State Department records show they issued over 600,000 immigrant visas to individuals through consulates all over the globe. Commonly issued immigrants include:
- IR1 or CR1- Spouse of U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
- K-1 Fiancé(e) of U.S. citizen
- H-1B visas are highly desired they are dual-intent visas awarded to immigrants with exceptional skills. They can be used to work in the U.S. temporarily but can also be used for permanent immigration. USCIS limits these visas to 65,000 a year, so they are gone quickly every year.
Asylum- The majority of immigrants allowed in the U.S. have a visa, but some are refugees fleeing war, terrorism and horrible conditions in their native countries. Asylum is ony given to about 100,000 refugees worldwide. Before anyone is approved for refugee status, they must withstand a rigorous vetting process. Immigrants who are granted asylum status also have permission to work and can apply for a green card.
Authorization for legal immigration in West Virginia
An immigrant can get legal authorization in West Virginia by applying for a visa, or refugee status. The process of legal immigration begins with a visa or green card application. It’s important that your application is filled out correctly and there have been no omissions. If you want to be in West Virginia, let USAttorneys connect you with an immigration attorney.