Need Immigration Lawyers and Attorneys in Washington?

The U.S. is a leading destination for travelers and immigrants alike from all countries of the world. Some immigrants come to see the natural wonders in America and the Pacific Northwest. Others come seeking a better job, educational opportunities, more freedom or to be reunited with family. Immigration is a difficult but worthwhile endeavor.

Immigration in Washington

There is a large immigration population in Washington. Approximately, 13.4 percent of Washington’s population in 2014 was foreign-born, according to the Migration Policy Institute.

29 percent of Washington’s foreign-born residents are Latino.

38.5 percent the state’s foreign-born population is Asian.

5.1 percent the state’s foreign-born population is African American.

Washington counties with the largest immigration population include:

King County- 433,400

Snohomish County- 110,400

Pierce County- 80,000.

Undocumented immigration in Washington

Immigrating with authorization can take a long time, and sadly may applicants are denied their visa or another request, so immigrants make a choice to enter the country without authorization. Living as an undocumented immigrant is taxing, and the risk of deportation is high. USAttorneys recommends you get a visa before you enter the U.S. or you could jeopardize your chances of earning legal permanent resident status or U.S. citizenship.

Lawful entry through visa

Some immigrants are eligible for asylum or immigration parole, but the majority if immigrants obtain entry through a visa. Visas are awarded for to individuals for temporary work or travel (nonimmigrant visa) or long-term employment or permanent (immigrant visa).  Below visas that are frequently applied for:

Work-based visas- A work visas can be issued for temporary or long-term employment for a range of skill levels.

Family Visas- U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents in Washington can sponsor a spouse, child or parent or relative for a green card or an immigrant or nonimmigrant visa.

Fiancé(e) Visa- This visa is awarded to the fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen with the requirement that the couple marries within in 90 days of the visa holder’s arrival.

H-1B skilled visa- An H-1B visa is awarded to workers with desirable skills that require a higher education.

Legal permanent resident or green card holder

The Migration Policy Institute reports that in 2013,  990,553 immigrants were granted legal permanent residency by the USCIS. Legal permanent residency is the desired status because it gives an immigrant permission to work and live in the U.S. indefinitely. Immigrants can apply for a green if they are sponsored by a family member who is a legal permanent resident or U.S.

Visit the USCIS website if you would like to learn more about obtaining a legal permanent resident.

U.S. Citizenship

Becoming a U.S. citizen is a goal of many immigrants, but it is a monumental task. Immigrants who want to become a naturalized U.S. citizen must learn English and pass a civics test.

Immigrating to the U.S. is not easy which is why you should retain an immigration attorney in Washington. USAttorneys has a devoted legal team to assist you with all stages of the visa application process. If you are seeking a visa, would like a green card or hope to become a U.S. citizen, you need to assistance of an immigration lawyer in Washington.