Immigration Lawyers and Deportation Attorneys in Tennessee

The U.S. is a destination for immigrants from every continent. They have fifty unique states to choose from and some end up in Tennessee. In 2014, roughly 4.9 percent of Tennessee’s population was foreign-born. No matter what state an immigrant travels to, they need to get the right visa or seek an immigration status that gives them permission to be in the United States. If you want to immigrate to Tennessee, you can apply for an employment visa, family-based visa or special immigration status.

Employment Visas in Tennessee

Employment visas are either temporary or permanent. If you want to apply for a work visa or need help renewing one, USAttorneys recommends you speak with an immigration attorney in Tennessee. They can help you decide on the right visa and help you with your application.

Temporary work visas in Tennessee

A temporary or nonimmigrant work visa is valid for a limited time and is granted to individuals with different skills and level of education. Three of the most common temporary work visas include

H-1B visas- This visa is reserved for immigrants with a higher education (bachelor’s degree at least) and specialized skills.

H-2A visas which are granted for seasonal work in the agricultural industry.

H-2B visas which are issued for seasonal work in the hospitality industry.

Permanent work visas in Tennessee

Permanent work visas or immigrant visas are granted to immigrants who would like to work in Tennessee long term. These visas are issued to immigrants with exceptional skills in a variety of occupations including the arts, business, education, math, medicine, and science. Immigrant visa holders can apply for a green card, but a U.S. employer must sponsor them.

H-1B visas

H-1B visas are in high demand and caps on the number issued, which is set by Congress, are met each year quickly. In 2016, the USCIS only issued 65,000 H-1B visas. H-1B visas can be issued for temporary work, but the holder can seek a green card if they have the sponsorship of an employer.

Green Cards or Legal Permanent Residency

Many immigrants who apply for a visa are striving to become legal permanent residents or green card holders. According to 2013 data from the Migration Policy Institute, 990,553 people were granted legal permanent residency. Most immigrants need to be sponsored by a family member, an employer or a spouse to be eligible for a green card. Refugees are also allowed to apply for a green card once they meet residency standards.

Illegal immigration in Tennessee

Plenty of immigrants cross a border illegally or overstay a visa and qualify as an undocumented immigrant. Some people unwisely choose to remain in the U.S. without authorization despite the many consequences they face for being undocumented. Those consequences include being pulled away from family and friends, being detained and deported from the U.S.

If you are an undocumented immigrant and get an order of removal, you should call an immigration lawyer in Tennessee to work on your deportation defense. There are ways to challenge your removal and avoid being barred from the U.S.

Whatever immigration issue you have, USAttorneys recommends you get help from an immigration lawyer near you in Tennessee. Our top notch legal team can help you or a loved one with: an employment-based visas, family-based immigration or citizenship application.