Is citizenship the same as naturalization?


While both citizenship and naturalization serve as proof of U.S. citizenship, they are acquired in different ways. Someone who would apply for a Certificate of Citizenship must have been born aboard and acquired their citizenship through their U.S. parent. A child that was adopted abroad by individuals who are U.S. citizens also would qualify to receive a Certificate of Citizenship as well. Now, a Certificate of Naturalization is given to those who have been lawful permanent residents who fulfilled all the requirements established by Congress.

It is important to be aware of what type of certificate you are eligible to apply for to avoid wasting precious time only to have your application rejected. To help prevent this from happening, we highly suggest you speak with a knowledgeable immigration attorney in Omaha, NE today who can inform you on which certificate to apply for, the process it entails, and the forms you will need to file. can get you connected with a local immigration and deportation lawyer in Omaha now if you would like.


I live in Omaha, Nebraska. How can I apply for a Certificate of Citizenship?


If you want to apply for a Certificate of Citizenship, you will need to fill out and file Form N-600. The form itself is rather lengthy so be sure you take your time and answer every question correctly. If you fail to supply the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) with the right information, it could delay you in receiving your certificate. You can access Form N-600 now by clicking here and then selecting the link that says, “Form N-600.”

Once Form N-600 is filled out completely, you will need to mail it to one of the following addresses depending on the carrier you choose to send it through:


By regular mail:

P.O. Box 20100
Phoenix, AZ 85036

For FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:

Attn: Form N-600
1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S
Suite 100
Phoenix, AZ 85034


Because the USCIS is responsible for handling various types of immigration matters, it may take some time before your application is processed.


Who is considered a lawful permanent resident?


A lawful permanent resident is someone who entered the U.S. legally and was given the opportunity to reside in the U.S. These individuals may have been issued an immigrant visa by the Department of State overseas or adjusted permanent resident status by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services in the United States. If you entered the U.S. illegally and did not go through an inspection, you would not be considered a lawful permanent resident.

If you are looking to become a lawful permanent resident, obtain a visa or green card, or have a different immigration issue you need legal advice on, contact today. We strive to help individuals dealing with immigration matters find and retain top immigration and deportation attorneys in the city of Omaha, Nebraska. If you would like to be connected with a professional now, give us a call or submit your contact information on our site using the form provided.